Prep : 10 Minutes
Cook : 25 Minutes
Serves : 4
- 150g caster sugar
- 4 ripe Conference pears, peeled (620g)
- 10g fresh thyme from a living pot + 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 3 sprigs mint
- 300g raspberries
- Juice of ½ lemon
The method for this poached pears recipe:
- Place the sugar and 500ml water in a medium saucepan and add bring to the boil, simmer for 2 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Trim the bases of the pears so they stand upright. Add the thyme, mint and pears to the syrup, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pears and set aside, discard the herbs and boil the syrup until reduced by half, about 8 minutes.
- Add the raspberries and lemon juice and cook for 1-2 minutes, blend with a hand held blender.
- Sprinkle reserved thyme leaves and serve with the pears.
Thyme tea is a soothing herbal infusion with numerous health benefits. It is a great choice, whether you're looking for a natural remedy for a cough or just want a relaxing beverage....
A refreshing and healthy lemon chicken pasta recipe that is a great treat, especially for hot summers. This easy recipe is simple and quick to make with our instructions. How...
This mediterranean roast chicken dish is infused with thyme and is a delicious alternative to your normal Sunday roast, especially in the heat of Summer. How to make mediterranean roast...
This delicious lemon and herb chicken marinade recipe is a light, refreshing dish and works perfectly with a homemade tabbouleh. If you're looking for a light dish for a midweek...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.