Thyme tea is a soothing herbal infusion with numerous health benefits. It is a great choice, whether you're looking for a natural remedy for a cough or just want a relaxing beverage. Follow this easy step-by-step recipe to make your own thyme tea at home and discover its many advantages.
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Honey (optional, for sweetness)
- Lemon slices (optional, for flavour)
- Heat a kettle or saucepan until the water comes to a rolling boil. Measure out one cup of boiling water.
- Place the fresh or dried thyme leaves into a teapot or a heatproof cup. Fresh leaves are preferred for a more robust flavour.
- Carefully pour the boiling water over the thyme leaves in the teapot or cup. Cover the teapot or cup with a lid or saucer to trap the steam, which helps release the thyme's essential oils. Allow it to steep in the hot water for about 5-10 minutes. The longer it steeps, the stronger the flavour will be.
- After steeping, use a fine-mesh strainer or a tea infuser to strain the thyme leaves from the tea, transferring the infused liquid to your serving cup.
- If you prefer your tea sweetened, add a teaspoon or more of honey to taste. Stir until the honey dissolves. For a citrusy twist, add a slice of lemon to your thyme tea. It not only adds flavour but also boosts the tea's vitamin C content.
Your thyme tea is ready to enjoy! Sip it while it's still warm for the best flavour and maximum benefits. Share this recipe with your friends and family to spread the goodness of thyme tea.
Thyme Tea Benefits
Sore Throat Relief
Thyme tea has natural antimicrobial properties that can help soothe a sore throat and relieve cough.
It may aid digestion and alleviate indigestion or gas discomfort.
Thyme is rich in antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals.
It can support respiratory health and may be useful for managing respiratory conditions like bronchitis.
Thyme tea can have a calming effect and may help reduce stress and anxiety.
Want to use Thyme in a different way? Check out our recipe on how to make a Rosemary and Thyme Scented Mulled Wine.
A refreshing and healthy lemon chicken pasta recipe that is a great treat, especially for hot summers. This easy recipe is simple and quick to make with our instructions. How...
This mediterranean roast chicken dish is infused with thyme and is a delicious alternative to your normal Sunday roast, especially in the heat of Summer. How to make mediterranean roast...
If you like mulled wine you will love this rosemary thyme scented mulled wine recipe. Think of the fragrant spices of mulled wine with the addition of fresh rosemary and...
This poached pears recipe is a show stopping dessert with thyme and mint and is served on a vibrant raspberry sauce. The method for this poached pears recipe: Place the...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.