Prep : 15 Minutes
Cook : 1 ½ hours
Serves : 4
- 25g butter, softened
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves + 3 whole sprigs, from
- a pot of living thyme
- 1 medium chicken, approx. 1.6kg
- 300g new potatoes, sliced
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 75g chorizo, diced
How to make mediterranean roast chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Mix together the butter and 1 tbsp chopped thyme. Loosen the skin over the chicken breasts with your fingers taking care not to tear it. Spread the thyme butter over the chicken breasts under the skin.
- Place the whole sprigs of thyme in the chicken cavity. Place in a roasting tin and roast for 1 hour.
- Drain away half the chicken juices then add the potatoes, beans, chorizo and remaining chopped thyme to the tray and roast for a further 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thyme tea is a soothing herbal infusion with numerous health benefits. It is a great choice, whether you're looking for a natural remedy for a cough or just want a relaxing beverage....
A refreshing and healthy lemon chicken pasta recipe that is a great treat, especially for hot summers. This easy recipe is simple and quick to make with our instructions. How...
If you like mulled wine you will love this rosemary thyme scented mulled wine recipe. Think of the fragrant spices of mulled wine with the addition of fresh rosemary and...
This poached pears recipe is a show stopping dessert with thyme and mint and is served on a vibrant raspberry sauce. The method for this poached pears recipe: Place the...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.