Prep : 20 Minutes
Cook : 1-1 ¼ hours
Serves : 8-10
- 225g butter, softened
- 225g light soft brown sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 350g carrots, grated
- 100g walnuts, chopped
- 75g soft cheese
- 50g icing sugar
- Sprigs of fresh mint
How to make carrot cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and baseline a 20cm cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together and fold into the butter mixture. Stir in the carrots and walnuts, reserving 2 tbsp walnuts for decorating. Spoon into the cake tin and bake for 1-1¼ hours or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the tin and allow to cool.
- Mix the soft cheese with the icing sugar and spread over the top of the cake.
- Decorate with sprigs of fresh mint and sprinkle over the reserved walnuts.
This delicious lemon and herb chicken marinade recipe is a light, refreshing dish and works perfectly with a homemade tabbouleh. If you're looking for a light dish for a midweek...
This poached pears recipe is a show stopping dessert with thyme and mint and is served on a vibrant raspberry sauce. The method for this poached pears recipe: Place the...
This no mayo potato salad is a very simple recipe and is made extra tasty by adding fresh mint. Step by step instructions: Boil potatoes with sprig of mint, until...
This grain salad recipe makes the perfect side salad or to have on the table at any summer BBQ. Our minted grain salad is one to remember! If you prefer...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.