Prep : 15 Minutes
Cook : 20-25 Minutes
Serves : 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250g pearled spelt
- 150ml white wine
- 700ml hot chicken stock
- 1 pot curly parsley, roughly chopped
- 25g Parmesan, grated
How to make this chicken risotto recipe:
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken, onion, pepper and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spelt and add the wine, cook until nearly all absorbed.
- Gradually add in the stock a little at a time and cook gently, covered for 20-25 minutes until the grains are tender and chicken is cooked throughout.
- Stir in the parsley and Parmesan and season to taste.
Chop the parsley stalks as well as the leaves to get extra flavour. For a vegetarian option, remove the chicken and add mushrooms, courgettes and butternut squash.
This delicious lemon and herb chicken marinade recipe is a light, refreshing dish and works perfectly with a homemade tabbouleh. If you're looking for a light dish for a midweek...
This chicken asparagus pasta is a delicious all-time favourite in most households as a dish to serve to guests or as an everyday meal. How to make chicken asparagus pasta:...
Making lemon and herb crusted cod at home is very easy using our recipe with fresh Parsley, baked to perfection. Step by step instructions: Line a small roasting tin with...
Try this fresh and zesty salsa verde recipe next time you want to cook with Lamb. It’s a great summer flavour that can be used to compliment Lamb whether you...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.