Prep : 30 minutes
Cook : 2 hours (using a slow cooker on high)
Serves : 2 - 4
1 Rosemary sprig
½ Red bell pepper
2 Large potatoes
1 Tin of chopped tomatoes
2 teaspoons of Ketchup
1 litre Water
1 Gravy/stock cube
Corn on the cob/bread (optional)
A wonderful, traditional and easy beef stew recipe, ideal for keeping warm in the winter. Full of flavour and great for slow cooking, so you can come home to a tasty, pre-cooked beef stew dinner.
Step by step guide
- Cut the steak and lightly cook it before adding it to the slow cooker.
- Boil the water and add the gravy/stock cube, then stir.
- Chop the potatoes and carrots into small pieces and add them to the slow cooker.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes and the gravy/stock water into the slow cooker.
- Add the ketchup and stir it all together, then put the Rosemary and onion on top and let cook.
- Chop the bell pepper and mushrooms, fry them in a saucepan and add 5 minutes before serving just to warm them up.
- Serve with either some buttered bread, roasted potatoes or corn on the cob.
And that's it! Enjoy your beef stew!
Indulge in the rich flavours of a perfectly cooked rosemary steak, topped with a delectable asparagus sauce. This dish combines the robust aroma of rosemary with the subtle sweetness of...
If you like mulled wine you will love this rosemary thyme scented mulled wine recipe. Think of the fragrant spices of mulled wine with the addition of fresh rosemary and...
This baked camembert recipe is deliciously gooey and infused with garlic and rosemary, giving it optimum flavour. Baked camembert makes a perfect starter when hosting for guests or on a...
These moroccan lamb burgers served in a homemade rosemary focaccia bun make a perfect wholesome lunch or a delicious treat for dinner. Method: Mix the bread mix with the garlic...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.