Prep : 10 Minutes
Cook : 30 Minutes
Serves : 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20g chopped fresh sage + 4 large whole leaves
- 1 onion, chopped (180g)
- 500g butternut squash, diced
- 300g risotto rice
- 75ml white wine
- 350ml vegetable stock
- 200g pack whole chestnuts
- 50g Parmesan, grated
This tasty butternut squash risotto recipe is easy to make and a joy to eat. Our risotto recipe is made all the more delicious by adding fresh sage and chestnut to the dish. Follow our step by step instructions below to make the perfect risotto.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the whole sage leaves for 1 minute until crispy, drain on kitchen paper and reserve.
- Add the onion, squash and chopped sage and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for a further minute.
- Add the wine and reduce by half, stir in the stock gradually, keeping the pan covered and cook very gently for 25 minutes.
- Add the chestnuts 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Stir in the parmesan and season to taste. Serve garnished with the fried sage leaves.
- Enjoy your perfect butternut squash risotto!
Don't forget to save this perfect butternut squash risotto recipe for next time.
When it comes to comforting and autumnal soups, butternut squash and Sage are an unbeatable duo. Today, we'll be sharing a simple and flavourful soup recipe that will warm your soul on a...
This easy fried rice recipe stands as a versatile dish that is perfect for both small gatherings and large feasts alike. Whether you're hosting a weekend family dinner, a last-minute...
This easy-to-make BBQ chicken recipe is packed with flavour and perfect for barbecues or as a dinner all on its own. This is a dish that certainly won't disappoint. How to...
This delicious duck breast recipe is simple yet incredibly impressive with the sweetness of the figs and the beautifully fragrant sage glaze. This dish is definitely one to wow your...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.