Prep : 15 Minutes
Cook : 15 Minutes
Serves : 2
- 1 large parsnip, diced (220g)
- 300g floury potatoes, diced
- 250g pork fillet, sliced into 6
- 10g fresh sage
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100ml Marsala wine
- 4 tbsp half fat crème friache (100g)
Get ready for Marsala Pork to become a weekday favourite as this dish offers a well balanced meal that packs fantastic flavour. We have chosen to pair our pork and marsala sauce with mashed parsnip potatoes but feel free to add anything else you need to complete the meal.
What is Marsala sauce?
Marsala is a type of fortified wine originating from the city of Marsala in Sicily. The sauce can vary depending on if you use a dry or white Marsala wine. It is certainly a unique sauce that compliments all types of Italian cuisine.
How to make our Pork Marsala recipe
- Cook the parsnip and potato in boiling water for 10-15 minutes until tender and drain.
- Meanwhile, place the pork slices between two sheets of cling film and beat with a rolling pin until flattened. Season and place a large sage leaf on each piece (this is really important, as we want to get the sage leaf to a crispy consistency).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry a further 4 whole sage leaves for a few seconds until crispy, drain and reserve. Add the pork to the pan, sage side down first and fry for 2 minutes each side.
- Add the Marsala wine and remaining shredded sage and cook for 1-2 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Mash the parsnip and potatoes together and stir in the crème fraiche and season to taste, serve with the pork and pour over the sauce.
Why not pick the herbs for this dish straight from your own kitchen garden? Sage grows well both in containers situated outside or inside. Take a look at our collection today and have your herb plants delivered to your door!
When it comes to comforting and autumnal soups, butternut squash and Sage are an unbeatable duo. Today, we'll be sharing a simple and flavourful soup recipe that will warm your soul on a...
This easy fried rice recipe stands as a versatile dish that is perfect for both small gatherings and large feasts alike. Whether you're hosting a weekend family dinner, a last-minute...
This easy-to-make BBQ chicken recipe is packed with flavour and perfect for barbecues or as a dinner all on its own. This is a dish that certainly won't disappoint. How to...
This delicious duck breast recipe is simple yet incredibly impressive with the sweetness of the figs and the beautifully fragrant sage glaze. This dish is definitely one to wow your...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.