Prep : 15 Minutes
Cook : 17 - 20 Minutes
Serves : Makes 12
- 200g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 125g butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 1 large pot basil, leaves chopped
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Juice 1 lemon
How to make our Chocolate Muffin Recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy, stir in the chocolate and all but 1 tbsp chopped basil. Fold in the flour and baking powder and spoon into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until just cooked through. Cool slightly.
- Mix the granulated sugar with the lemon juice and remaining chopped basil and spoon over the chocolate muffins.
Sit back with a cup of tea and enjoy your chocolate muffins!
Originating from Genoa, Italy, basil pesto sauce is a traditional Italian sauce that has become a favourite worldwide. Welcome to our simple, flavourful, and creamy basil pesto pasta recipe, a staple...
This delicious cheesy tagliatelle recipe will give you a tasty and healthy meal option which you will love for its delicious flavour, and of course, it’s the Basil which makes...
This chicken kebab recipe is deliciously fresh with a tomato and basil compote, perfect for a staple meal at home or a BBQ with friends. How to make this chicken...
This chocolate pudding is a delicious dessert with a twist to wow your guests. With a gooey centre and a slight crunch from the apples, this dessert oozes both texture and...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.