Prep : 10 Minutes
Cook : 20 Minutes
Serves : 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 600g carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 litre vegetable stock or half a stock cube
- dissolved in water
- 1 ciabatta roll, broken into bite sized pieces (90g)
- 35g chopped fresh coriander leaves
This spicy carrot and coriander soup is a wonderful heartwarming dish, perfect for any time of year.
How to make spicy carrot and coriander soup:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion, carrot and ground coriander for 5 minutes. Add the stock, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, to make the croutons, toss the bread pieces in the remaining oil and 1 tbsp chopped coriander, place on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- Puree the soup and stir in the remaining coriander. Serve garnished with the croutons.
Want to make this healthy meal at home? Our prawn and pea stir fry easy recipe is a tasty and quick lunch. 1) In a wok, heat sunflower oil over...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.