If you're tired of typical store-bought burger patties, you're in for a treat! Homemade burgers are not only a healthier alternative, but they also allow you to incorporate fresh herbs and ingredients for an unforgettable flavour profile.
The best herbs for Burgers and the perfect seasoning recipe
Making your own burgers lets you control the quality and quantity of the ingredients, making it a much healthier choice. Today, we're going to infuse our patties with a delightful selection of herbs that'll elevate your BBQ experience.
In our recipe we’ll not only look at the best herbs for burgers, but as a bonus, we’ll create a delightful Herb-infused Mayo recipe to accompany the best burger seasoning recipe you’ll reach for all summer!
For the Burgers:
- 1 kg of ground beef or lamb
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium chilli pepper, finely chopped (optional, for that surprise kick)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Herb Burger Seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
For the Herb-Infused Mayo (optional):
- 1 cup of good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef or lamb with the chopped onion, minced garlic, and chopped chilli pepper. Ensure everything is evenly distributed.
- Now, let's move on to our herb-infused burger seasoning recipe. In a small bowl, combine the finely chopped rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley, and oregano. Mix these until well combined. These are some of the best herbs for burgers, and their combination creates a tantalising taste and aroma.
- Add the herb mixture into the meat and thoroughly mix it all together. The herbs will infuse into the meat, providing a burst of flavour in every bite.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remember, the freshness of the herbs and the quality of the meat should shine, so don't overpower it with too much salt or pepper.
- Divide the meat into even portions (about a palm-sized amount) and shape each portion into a patty.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the burgers to your desired doneness, turning them only once. This would typically be around 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Serve on a toasted bun with your favourite condiments and toppings. You might consider additional fresh herbs or a herb-infused mayo for an extra herby hit. For those looking for a little extra indulgence, add a little Goats cheese to top your patty.
This herb-infused mayo will not only be perfect for your burgers but also as a dip for fries or veggies.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, finely chopped parsley, chives, basil, and dill. These herbs will complement the herbs used in your burger seasoning.
- Add in the finely minced garlic for a bit of a punch.
- Add the zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon. The lemon will freshen up the mix and provide a nice balance to the rich mayonnaise and the herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remember to go easy with the salt, as the mayonnaise might already have a salty flavour.
- Mix well to ensure all ingredients are well combined.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour before using, to allow the flavours to blend together.
- Spread it on your burger buns before adding the patty and enjoy the added freshness and creaminess it brings to your herb-infused BBQ burgers!
There you have it: healthy, homemade, herb-infused BBQ burgers packed with flavour and freshness. You're not only going to experience one of the best burger seasoning recipes but also reap the health benefits of making your own burgers. So go ahead, get grilling, and enjoy the authentic taste of your homemade, herb-infused BBQ burgers!
Whether you're a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, this lemon rosemary chicken recipe is a simple yet delicious dish that will please your taste buds and impress...
Beyond the practicality of having readily available fresh ingredients, herb pots can introduce a dash of nature into your culinary sanctuary. Here are some ideas on how to make your own kitchen herb garden...
Are you looking to liven up your home cooking with fresh, aromatic herbs all year round? A key to achieving this is knowing your perennial herbs, the stars of the...
There's nothing like a refreshing, herb-infused cocktail to help you cool off and savour the summer months.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.