Prep : 30 minutes (including pumpkin gutting)
Cook : 30 minutes
Serves : 1 - 3
1-3 medium/small Pumpkins
2-4 Sage leaves
2 tablespoons Parmesan
2 large Sweet potatoes
5 thin Sausages
64g Red bell pepper
Halloween is coming so it's time to think about some seasonal dishes and you just can't go wrong with our stuffed pumpkin recipe. A definite treat to have in October/Autumn, this is a pumpkin recipe that will impress your guests, or you and the family could make it together. It’s tasty and a joy to prepare, perfect for the spooky season.
How to make our sage stuffed pumpkin
- Start by gutting the pumpkins and cleaning the insides. (Or get someone to help you with this step)
- Peel, chop and boil the sweet potatoes until soft but not falling apart.
- Boil the rice in a saucepan until cooked but not mushy.
- Put the sausages into the oven and cook.
- Cut up the red peppers and mushrooms and fry in a saucepan with some oil until browned.
- Cut up the cooked sausages with scissors and drain the potatoes, then drain the rice. (Wash the rice in boiling water after draining to make it less sticky)
- Mix all the ingredients together and fry for a bit, then add some finely chopped Sage and stir again.
- Stuff the pumpkins with the fried ingredients and then add parmesan on top.
- Put the pumpkins in an oven grill for 2-3 minutes, making sure to keep an eye on them as you do. Once the parmesan melts, take the pumpkins out and serve after they’ve cooled down slightly.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.