Prep : 10 minutes
Cook : 20 minutes
Serves : 1 - 3
1 Stock cube (chicken or garlic)
1 teaspoon Flour
1 teaspoon Thyme
Curly Parsley (garnish)
This simple mushroom soup recipe is a great addition to your Autumn-themed cookbook. With the warmth of a relaxing soup and the flavour of tasty herbs, mushroom soup is a traditional, seasonal favourite.
How to make our simple mushroom soup:
- First, chop up your mushrooms into thin slices and dice the onion into small pieces.
- Put the mushrooms and onion into a saucepan with a little bit of oil or butter, then fry until browned.
- Separate some of the mushrooms for later. (These will be added to the cream)
- Boil the water, add the stock cube and stir.
- Once not too hot, blend the mushrooms/onions and stock together in a blender until smooth. (Add more water if needed)
- Put the separated mushrooms back into the saucepan and add the flour and Thyme, then mix together on a low heat for a few minutes.
- Add the cream to the mushrooms and stir for a few more minutes, then slowly add the blended liquid. (Taste test it first and add salt/black pepper to taste if you wish)
- Once the desired consistency is reached, add the Curly Parsley on top and serve.
Once you're done, save this cream of mushroom soup recipe for next time!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.